Applications for admissions are made by completing and returning the application for enrolment form to the school via post, email or fax with an accompanying letter expressing the family interest in Loreto.
Emails should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and land mail to Loreto Convent School, 13, Europa Road, Gibraltar.
There are waiting lists for many of the year groups and an early application is strongly recommended. The school will not however, accept applications for children who have not yet been born.
Admissions are prioritised by
date of application, taking into account children born in the Autumn, Spring and Summer terms
continued education at Loreto through to year 6
siblings in school
the number of English first language children in a year group
1. Please complete the application form to enrol your child. (Download icon for form or apply online).
2. Send completed form to Loreto Convent, by email if preferred with original by post.
3. Await confirmation that a place is available or that your child is placed on the waiting lists.
4. Should a place be available, a Registration Fee of £50 is payable to ensure that your child is placed on the class lists.
5. A Deposit Invoice will be sent to you in the Spring Term prior to your child commencing at Loreto Convent Gibraltar in the Autumn Term of that year.
6. The Deposit must be paid by the due date to ensure your child has a confirmed place at Loreto Convent Gibraltar for the following Academic Year.
7. Should your child be applying for a Nursery or Foundation Stage place, you will receive an invitation to visit the school for an Introduction Day.
8. Main School prospective pupils will be assessed and shown around school with an opportunity to discuss their enrolment with the Headteacher prior to being offered a place.
The Waiting Lists
If your child has been placed on the waiting list, we would suggest that you confirm your interest in a place at Loreto Convent Gibraltar by email in January of the year you wish your child to be admitted. Priority is given to children who are intending to complete their education at Loreto Convent Gibraltar, children who are resident in Gibraltar and the date of receipt of the application form at Loreto.
In order to ensure that the English Language is learnt by pupils, Non-English speaking pupil numbers are limited and as such will be placed on the waiting lists once the allocated spaces have been filled. We also encourage non-English speaking pupils to start their education at Loreto Convent Gibraltar in Nursery 2.